Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.- Albus Dumbledore.(Deathly Hallows)

potteraddicts.tumblr.com
Harry Potter.
It's the one thing that I've been obsessed with more than half of my life.
I still remember when I was 7, I was this avid reader that reads EVERYTHING. Harry Potter was a bestseller back then & I just had to read it. The library only had 'Chamber of Secrets' (The second book) so I started with it. It was harder & thicker than any of the books I used to read but I decided to read it anyway.
& I fell in l♥ve.
Who wouldn't, the plot had twists & turns & the entire wizarding world seems so real within the book. As a reader, you get transported into this alternate world where you can utter spells to do anything, ride on broomsticks & fly around & study subjects that seems so interesting! (Defence Against the Dark Arts, Care of Magical Creatures...) in this absolutely kickass school called Hogwarts.
I remembered begging my parents to buy me the books & reading & re-reading them every now and then. When Goblet of Fire came out, I remembered reading the book until nearly 2am in the morning. If you ask me, that's a pretty intense reading session for a 9year old.

Of course, when the movie came out, I obsessively caught every one of them (except Half Blood Prince). I even watched Prisoner of Azkaban twice & I have 3 of the DVDs at home.

After spending more than half a decade obsessing over the books +movies, I'm feel really sad to know that the entire series is coming to an end. I didn't feel that bad when Deathly Hallows was released because I knew that I still had the movies to look forward to.
But with Deathly Hallows 2 coming out in less than 2 months time, I have to say that I'm starting to have mixed feelings.
I can't wait to see how the movie will depict all the action in the final book.
But I also feel like I'm closing a chapter of my life with the end of the series.

It feels like I'm saying goodbye to an old friend
The years spent waiting,anticipating for the release of the books & movies. The countless times I read & re-read the books. The numerous discussions I had with my fellow HP Diehard fans. (We actually dissect & discuss the stories, like a class discussion but more exciting!)
 More than half of my childhood & nearly my entire teenage life was dedicated to this series about a trio led by a boy with a lightning bolt on his head.
It feels bittersweet to have it ending so soon.
Feels like I'm finally growing up.

Toying with this wild idea of getting the Deathly Hallows Sign (in case you don't know, it's the sign above) inked on me. Crazy & totally impulsive but I'm starting to like this idea. It would be like a reminder of all the memories I had growing up associated with this series & also remind me of all the values taught in the book.
Courage. Loyalty. Friendship.
I think I might cry when I finish watching Deathy Hallows 2.

On a lighter note, I WANT TO GO TO THE HARRY POTTER THEME PARK!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment