Monday, May 16, 2011

WHEN I GET MARRIED,

All girls want a dream wedding.

Some girls want it with a giant Mercedes Benz / Bentley/ Rolls Royce as their carriage, loads of roses(preferably having rose petals being rained on them), have a gorgeous huge-ass white cake(that no one will eat) & have someone like Mariah Carey as their wedding singer.

Of course, The Dress is the thing that all brides will obsess over.
Some want it with a 10metre long train.
Others want it as large & white with lots of lace/tulle/Swarovski crystals..

As for me, I have not made any plans for my wedding. In fact, it's hard for me to even visualise myself getting married. Sad,really.

Well, if I'm getting married & happen to have a lot of spare ca$h around because I either become
a) filthy rich
or
b) marry someone filthy rich.
I WANT TO WEAR COUTURE FOR MY WEDDING.
Girls usually want to wear Vera Wang. Meh. I'm not like most girls. If I really have such an ability/luck, my dream wedding dress would be something ABSOLUTELY CRAZY,JAW-DROPPING, SHOW-STOPPING, EYE-CATCHING & GOSSIP-INDUCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I admit, I'm a serious attention whore)


IN FACT, I EVEN HAVE EXAMPLES.

1)ALEXANDER MCQUEEN

Kate Middleton wore an Alexander McQueen wedding dress during the royal wedding. Honestly, when I heard it was Alexander McQueen, I thought it would be something absolutely theatrical+stunning with loads of lace,feathers & fabric. But when I saw the dress, it looked pretty....simple for an Alexander McQueen.
But if it were up to me, I would be wearing...
style.com
ALEXANDER MCQUEEN FW2011

  • GREY HARNESS DRESS.
    Damn this grey dress is kickass. A mix of BDSM+delicate princess with it's leather harnesses,studs,lather gloves & the grey flowy skirt. The detailing is exquisite. But a little too...provocative for a wedding,no? Nonetheless, it's absolutely gorgeous!!!
  • WHITE FEATHER/RUFFLE SWAN-LAKE HALTER DRESS.
    Something my mum,godmum #1 & godmum#2 will approve of.It's loud but not overtly so. So SWAN-LAKEISH! The feathers,raw embroidery & the white studded harness keeps it edgy & crazy but it looks so princessy at the same time. *Swoon*
  • BADASS FRINGED-SEE-THROUGH-LACEY BLACK DRESS.
    Major #fuckintense shit here. This dress looks like those in Givenchy Fall Couture 2010(see below) but even crazier with all the fringe.I'll look absolutely badass when I strut down the aisle in this. Gothic,warrior princess-bride. I LIKE.♥. But it'll probably give a handful of wedding guests heart attacks with all that skin & general craziness going on on the dress.
style.com
ALEXANDER MCQUEEN FW2011
Of course, there are the big dresses that so many girls dream of wearing. These two dresses are absolutely stunning. Such exquisite detailing(gorgeous ruffles,embroidery,folds) that Alexander McQueen is so famous for.
However, no matter how gorgeous these two dresses are, I'm not drawn to such big dress.
Chingay performances (BIG-ASS-HEAVY-WIRE-TULLE SKIRT OMGOMGOMG) has taught me that big dresses can hurt you. It can either be in the form of bruises on hips,or backache, or dehydration from how hot&heavy these dresses get.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

2)GIVENCHY
Five words: RICARDO.TISCI.IS.A.GENUS.

style.com
GIVENCHY FALL 2010 COUTURE
There is a reason why couture is so expensive. I can see thousands of hours of hand-crafted work on each & every dress.There's no way a machine can recreate all the finery & details in the dresses above.
The gold dress is particularly stunning. LOOKS LIKE A GOLD,SHINY STUDDED/BEJWELED MERMAID PRINCESS!
style.com
GIVENCHY SS2011 COUTURE
Like Origami! The feathers on the wings look like they're stitched on one by one on the sheer organza(?) fabric.& I love how every white dress has a bright-coloured piece behind.

Although I'm not particularly digging the plastic helmet. Looks like a cross between those Japanese Gundam robot heads and a samurai's helmet.
style.com
GIVENCHY SS2011 COUTURE
You know what this dress reminds me of.
They remind me of bug's wings. Like dragonflies' or butterflies' wings with all it's tiny,barely discernible details.

Unfortunately, I probably wouldn't have ten to a hundred thousands of $$$$ to spare in the future & the prospect of me getting married is pretty far away.

BUT A GIRL CAN DREAM RIGHT!

An after-note: I just realise this. Most girls' dream wedding would be at some exotic location where they would most importantly,they would marry a really dashing,charming hot guy as the groom. My whole post seems to indicate that my dream wedding only involves me wearing couture dresses...
Like I said. I'm not like most girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment