Sunday, April 17, 2011

"Who is your style inspiration and why?" PART UNO

The blog post I had to write about for me to remain in the running for F3 Style Scout since I couldn't attend the event! (God I sound like Tyra Banks in ANTM.)

Truthfully, I'm kinda stumped. Because for me, I don't have just one style inspiration. I get inspiration from everywhere. From the television shows I watched, to the thousands of photographs and editorials scans I see online, to the vintage clothes I find and the music I listen to(2NE1, Lady Gaga,Ke$ha,The Maine). It's hard to pinpoint which is exactly my style inspiration because different people inspire me differently and I dress in different styles depending on my mood. 

HENCE I HAVE DECIDED TO WRITE A 3-PART BLOG POST SERIES ABOUT MY STYLE INSPIRATION(S)!

There's no need to but I'm a crazynut like that. Plus this seems fun & I've been having a writer's blog lately(hence the lack of posts).

SO THE FIRST STYLE INSPIRATION IMMA BLOG ABOUT WILL BE...




*INSERT DRUM ROLL HERE*



KATE LANPHEAR
citizencouture.com

She's practically a celebrity in streetstyle blogs & fashion blogs. Being the style director of Elle USA, she's a fixture in the different fashion weeks. She's famous for her plantinum blonde short hair, shitloads of drool-worthy accessories that she always wear on her hands, & her androgynous outfits that are only in black,white or grey. She has the ability to somehow make rock&roll/grunge look impeccably smart!

Honestly, I worship the ground she walks on.
Out of so many fashion editors, writers, stylists that you see at Fashion Week, I feel that I can relate to her dressing sense. I am a girly girl at heart. I do like my skirts&dresses & lace & all the pink/purple/reds. But I would say that I am rather tomboyish. (This is the part of me my mum absolutely hates)
I love mixing masculine pieces with girly clothesI love some things that may be more masculine than most girls can handle. I  also love the concept of women rocking men's tailoring. Sharp jackets, vests, dress shirts,brogues etc.
 & because I grew up listening to lots of rock music, I have a weakness for crazy studded accessories, leather jackets, skinnies, boots & silver.
Kate Lanphear is exactly like this. She isn't overly girly & is pretty darn androgynous half the time. ( Her hair is obviously an indication) She wears all these rock&roll, grungey pieces but somehow still look polished. 

SHE JUST LOOKS SO EFFORTLESSLY COOL ALL.THE.TIME.

In short, she's such an inspiration to me because she is an example of how I can still remain feminine & be myself without compromising my love for things that may be slightly masculine/grungey/androgynous. & what makes her even more respectable is that she makes it all look so effortless & easy!



Her hair is so fucking awesome. It's short, but edgy, and it always looks sosososo good. I actually save her pictures in my phone and get my hairdresser to cut something similar. This is more like copying than being inspired & my hair is never half as amazing as hers :'( Sad.



fearlanphear.blogspot.com


http://jakandjil.com

http://jakandjil.com

http://jakandjil.com

http://jakandjil.com
CRAZY ACCESSORIES
Stacking & stacking & stacking. My habits of stacking rings and bangles/bracelets are all inspired by her. No joke.



citizencouture.com

studdedhearts.blogspot.com
 In her signature all-black looks.
I'm not a big fan of wearing all black because it's really kinda boring. But she layers different textures/accessories together to make all her all-black outfits so interesting. GENIUZ!

jakandjil.com
fearlanphear.blogspot.com

weheartit

weheartit
& WHEN SHE'S NOT WEARING ALL BLACK.

So when I feel particularly 'Lanphear-ish", I'll stack them up & wear all these!
I LOVE MY  NEW ROUND SHADES+CROSS KNUCKLEDUSTER!

At the end of this post, I've come to realise that she's more of my Style Obsession than Style Inspiration...
Scary how much she influences how I dress.


LOOK OUT FOR PART DEUX OF MY 3PARTSERIES!!!!!
(If I manage to be less lazy/more free/not taking 3 hour naps/not too busy eating/ not working/less absorbed with reading my Fictionpress or fashion blogs to be able to churn out a blog post!)

No promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment