Sunday, October 9, 2011

"I feel infinite."

Photobucket
Just finished reading this & I have this overwhelming urge to just......write something. Most of you have probably heard of this book. & this book has some of the best quotes ever that I can bet to you everyone has probably heard of at least once.
"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."-Stephen Chbosky

&
"She wasn't bitter. She was sad, though. But it was a hopeful kind of sad. The kind of sad that just takes time."-Stephen Chbosky

Honestly, this book was a surprise, the first 30 pages were just weird. I almost didn't feel like reading it. & the way it's written, it was awkward, weird and confusing. But somehow, it just keeps getting better and better. & I can see to put the book down by the time I am about halfway through. I don't know the reason why but partly because you just wanna know what happens (although his life is kind of strange & fucked up) but there's just something so relatable in all his awkwardness and strange tendencies.

The way he felt for so many things is exactly the awkward, semi-naive part of me totally understand and relate to. Being a teenager isn't exactly tough but there's just so many thing written in this book that explains clearly and simply exactly how each one of us may feel now and then. Insecurities, friendships, first love and crushes...... I can't really put what I feel now about the book in words here but I just want to quote a passage from the book that I want to constantly remind myself every now and then when I kind of "lose my way".
"So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them."

No comments:

Post a Comment